Our diverse Centers of Excellence include years of leadership and experience with diverse programs.
Our capabilities include;
- Rotorcraft design, development, test and turnkey manufacturing;
- Radome design, development and test in military and commercial aerospace markets,
- Composite patient positioning components, structural cantilevered solutions, and value-add assembly for all medical imaging modalities;
- Manufacturing of acoustic panels, fan track liners, and OGV for aircraft engines for large commercial and small business jet applications.
Blade Center of Excellence
Backed by more than 75 years of solid aerospace experience and proven performance as an industry innovator, today’s Kaman is delivering complete design, development, test and turnkey manufacturing solutions to the aircraft industry. Our experienced team is qualified to design, test, certify, integrate, deliver, and support complete helicopters, major assemblies and upgrades, complex components, composite rotor blades, metal components, subassemblies, and detail parts for both rotary and fixed wing aircraft.
Kaman is a quality supplier to some of the world’s most recognized names in the rotorcraft industry, including:
- Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation
- Bell Helicopter-Textron
- MD Helicopters
- Northrop Grumman
- Curtiss Wright
Kaman is fully focused on being a value-added supplier for your rotorcraft program. Our capabilities include rotor blade manufacturing, skin, skin-to-core, blankets, bim caps and fairing assemblies. Our state-of-the-art facilities are fully equipped and staffed to meet a wide range of manufacturing requirements. In addition, the Kaman Blade Center of Excellence draws upon other Kaman divisions to complement our manufacturing capabilities as needed, providing a true one-stop blade manufacturing solution.
Radome Center of Excellence
Kaman Composite Structures offers years of radome experience, established in military and commercial aerospace markets. Kaman has expertise in the design and development of a number of radomes used in the field today. We support aircraft by Sikorsky, Northrop Grumman and Boeing, to name a few.
Types of Radomes Manufactured by KAMAN
- Electrically thin radome – Single layer radome where the layer is less than 0.1 wavelengths thick at the frequency of interest. (FSS Radome)
- Half-wave radome – Single layer radome where the layer is 0.5 wavelengths thick at the frequency of interest.
- A-sandwich – A radome configuration consisting of a low dielectric core, with low dielectric skins on either side. (Ku Band Data link Radome)
- C-sandwich – A five-layer radome configuration with three skins having low dielectric constant, and two cores with a low dielectric constant. (MMR Radome)
Kaman Composite Structures also offers aftermarket radome repair at the FAA Certified Part 145 Repair Station in Wichita, KS under certificate Q5PR803Y. A full-service repair facility, with both repair and testing capabilities for customer-owned units, as well as a selection of exchange units for immediately needs.
Medical Imaging Center of Excellence
Kaman Composite Structures has over 40 years of experience in the design and build of composite patient positioning components, structural cantilevered solutions, and value add assembly for all Imaging modalities. Capacity to perform electromechanical assembly, integrating our customer’s composite design into a complete manufacturing solution. Kaman Composites works with customers from concept to full rate production. Utilizing a full team of Engineers to perform part design, FEA analysis, tooling design/build, prototype manufacture, and qualification testing.
Kaman Composites provides high quality parts while focusing on short lead times in order to partner with our customers to be first to market with new product designs as well as allowing our customers to respond quickly to market demands. Robust customer service along with Technical Engineering support poised to aid our customers anytime needed.
- Kaman has exceptional lead times
- Kaman quality is superior
- Kaman offers a highly qualified team of engineers with expertise in medical
- Kaman offers unsurpassed responsiveness
- Patient positioning surgical systems
- Patient positioning imaging systems
- Portable X-ray scanners
- Surgical and Diagnostic Imaging Table Tops
- Organ Transport Systems
Aero Engine Center of Excellence
Kaman Composites manufactures a variety of acoustic panels, fan track liners, and OGV for aircraft engines including Front Acoustic Panels and Rear Acoustic Panels for large commercial applications as well as smaller business jet applications.
Our technique of creating a master for tooling and then iterating our composite tools allows us to create multiple versions quickly.
Unique Manufacturing Capabilities
- Capacity to reticulate core and perforated skins
- Dedicated perforation machine to fabricate a variety of perforate skins and septums
- Dedicated semi-automated grit blast and part washing to ensure consistent, repeatable bond surface preparation